<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar/14258075?origin\x3dhttps://researchdialogues.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

2/01/2007

January 2007


Today I asked my daughters at lunch what advice they would have for me… I confessed I was just a little stuck with my writing at the start of this week…

J, age 11: Probably you are trying too hard. That’s what happened to me with my science fair writing.

G, age 9: Look at things right around you when you are writing about things that are far away. Like if you are writing about something green, notice the green in this apple (holds up the slice in her hand.)
Advice taken.
This month’s highlights include, conversations with fellow students, with participants in my local writing group, with dear friends and with colleagues to whom I am indebted; falling into Gadamer… and still falling; and this beautiful writing from Bakhtin which adds support for my work:

“The complex act of encountering and interacting with another’s word has been almost completely ignored by the corresponding human sciences.” (Speech Genres)

Yes… how to understand dialogue dialogically…?

Warm greetings to you all!

Janice
web statistics