<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14258075?origin\x3dhttps://researchdialogues.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

7/12/2007

June 2007


Tonight I post pictures from the International Summer Institute with Harlene Anderson and Grupos Campos Elisios Faculty. Highlights of the trip? Meeting new and old friends; spontaneity and surprise in the large group processes; the cultural celebration presented by the faculty of Kanankil Institute; the Bava sisters; many many conversations relating to research; boisterous singing with the roving guitar on the sand by the water, each country's national songs sung, translated, danced; the laughing; the Las Palapas hotel, soon to be levelled; accidental conversations in the lobby; belonging at "Greg's place;" meeting with Sally, Dan, Margarita and Harlene to talk about the project, imagining the next steps; those mangoes; darkness at 8pm and the sweetness of cooling temperatures; Sara's improvisory art and the stories of her process, and Salma's too; 5th Avenue at night, the smells, lights, music... and the peaceful quiet of the winding driveway to the hotel.

Wednesday afternoon... taking a draft of my dissertation back from Harlene's keeping to spend an afternoon going through it in a little cafe, Spanish love songs playing, I am the only patron, three young Mexican women giggling behind the til,...... I turn one page at a time, Harlene's comments, questions, underlines, circles... I am touched by her presence all throughout my work, first in pencil, then in blue ink, then black... In the cover, she writes first, "Janice, the voices are incredible..."

Today I completed an introduction... and soon I will mail out a letter to all therapists joining in this collaborative inquiry - last chance to suggest changes. Then I must sit with Sally's questions for a bit, and write a last piece.

Janice
web statistics