July 2007
The work of revision places the writer forever in the middle - not at the beginning of producing text, and not at the end. I am revising my dissertation in these summer days, sentences, paragraphs, chapters, even single words. I no longer write, I revise! Wittgenstein's famous phrase keeps coming 'to mind' as I press on: How difficult it is to put all this indefiniteness into words. Or was it, How difficult it is to put this indefiniteness into words. Or...What is most difficult here is to put this indefiniteness, correctly and unfalsified, into words...?
He had a point...
The photos I post take me back to our June 2007 ISI. My best wishes to everyone in these last weeks of summer.
Janice
He had a point...
The photos I post take me back to our June 2007 ISI. My best wishes to everyone in these last weeks of summer.
Janice
<< Home