December 2008
+with+rr.jpg)
Last words sometimes become springboards for beginning words.
What follows is a last entry for this blog.
On November 24th, 2008, I defended my dissertation at Tilburg University, in Tilburg, the Netherlands. With my heart pounding and my hands trembling, I heard the questions of each professor on my committee: Sheila McNamee, John, Rijsman, James Day, John Shotter, Tom Strong (absent due to illness). Each question, beautiful, important, intriguing. I did my best to listen well and respond. Harlene Anderson, my advisor throughout these candidate years, offered a reflective tribute to the work now behind us. The dissertation book can be accessed through the repository at the U of T and paper copies sit in 50 plus libraries around Europe.
I look at it all from a distance now, this possibility that called me and led me over the course of nearly four years. At the same time, I know it has become part of me. David was right to notice early on, "the dissertation is writing you."
To the community of practitioners and scholars who sustained and nurtured this work, I thank you again and always.
What follows is a last entry for this blog.
On November 24th, 2008, I defended my dissertation at Tilburg University, in Tilburg, the Netherlands. With my heart pounding and my hands trembling, I heard the questions of each professor on my committee: Sheila McNamee, John, Rijsman, James Day, John Shotter, Tom Strong (absent due to illness). Each question, beautiful, important, intriguing. I did my best to listen well and respond. Harlene Anderson, my advisor throughout these candidate years, offered a reflective tribute to the work now behind us. The dissertation book can be accessed through the repository at the U of T and paper copies sit in 50 plus libraries around Europe.
I look at it all from a distance now, this possibility that called me and led me over the course of nearly four years. At the same time, I know it has become part of me. David was right to notice early on, "the dissertation is writing you."
To the community of practitioners and scholars who sustained and nurtured this work, I thank you again and always.
<< Home